Monday, November 14, 2011

An Artifact Poem

A Walk through the Park

Brown fuzz balls dart back and forth,
chasing each other, a fight that
cannot be settled

Long planks glaze the walkway,
they must hurt to sit on, yet people
fight for them

Gray haired ladies are popular with
the squawking feathers, whom they
through grains at

Heavy iron structures control the children
in a rather unpleasant way, it seems the
children go crazy

A machine carries a man
who appears to be doing nothing but
go in circles

The whole place is caged by tall trees
skyscrapers, people lean against them
craving their support

1 comment:

  1. I like how you describe things in an abstract way, but I know what they are.
    Maybe the last stanza could wrap up the poem a little more
    I like how there are no periods
    I like "long planks glaze the walkway"

    ReplyDelete